Sunday, September 19, 2010

MUSIC LOOKS LIKE YES APPROVED: Kings of Leon - Radioactive

(I wrote this last week but I'm just getting around to posting it.)
I'm not going to front. I (Tia) got on board with KOL on the last album. I had never heard of them before that. Once I got hip, I went back and listened to their older albums. And while I liked a lot of what I heard, Only by the Night still topped the list as my favorite.

But after hearing Radioactive I'm beginning to wonder if Come Around Sundown (out October 19) is about to knock Only by the Night off of its pedestal. I actually got chills when the kid's choir came in at the chorus. I absolutely love that the sound of this song is so different from the radio singles from Night yet is still retains that KOL essence. Caleb Followill is, as usual, singing his heart out. And without sacrificing integrity like so many artists feel they have to do to stay relevant, KOL has created a radio ready single that is sure to please old fans and make some new converts.

No comments:

Post a Comment